Whatever you’re currently doing at the mo – uni assignments, GCSE coursework, tidying your room..
You’ll hit that wall. You’ll run out of willpower.
Here I am. This is my current view of the sub-standard, research topic for my potential dissertation. And surprise surprise, I’m getting nowhere.
So what do you do when the inevitable happens?
FOLLOW MY VERY HELPFUL ADVICE TO STAY MOTIVATED OF COURSE!
- First, make yourself a cup of tea. There’s nothing that one of those can’t fix. Take a minute or even thirty if you really need to.
- Go Outside! A lot of people would recommend exercising here, but I think that word just scares me too much. Getting out of the house is something that I struggle to do when assignment deadlines are looming, but it’s so important to get a little bit of fresh air to clear your head – especially if you’re a stressy person and, if you spread yourself too thinly, crumble under pressure. DON’T LET THAT HAPPEN!
- If you’ve got masses to do, (like me as I’m a very last minute person and would like to think I work better under pressure – lol) make a list to ensure you don’t miss things. Equally, it feels so good to have a completely crossed off to-do list! Get some funky pens for your whiteboard so that you can prioritise tasks – you’ll not dread looking at it as much if it looks pretty and organised!
- Have a jiggle around to some cheesy music – it always works for me! Trust me when I say that dancing around to Steps at three o’clock in the morning is empowering, if nothing else. Dancing is known to be a great stress release and is super fun – so crack the zumba dvd out of you have to – you’ll thank me later! (just don’t have TOO much fun as you won’t get back to the task in hand – been there, done that)
- Set a goal so that you can work towards a target. For me, it’s my meet and greet with The Vamps in Cardiff four days after my last uni deadline. I’m so excited! Having something to look forward to really does focus your attention onto everything that has to be done beforehand as you just want to get it out the way.
So there you have it! A quick guide from the most motivational, studious person out there (maybe). This is what works for me, but let me know if you know of anything that I could add to my list – or even my “cheesy playlist” on Spotify.
See ya soon!
Tilly Turnip xox